Your privacy rights
- SupportNZ must comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act 2020 (Act) when dealing with your personal information. Any personal information you provide to us will be stored, used and disclosed by SupportNZ in accordance with this Policy.
- If you have any questions regarding this Policy or wish to access or amend the personal information that we hold about you, please contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
- By creating an account on our Website and/or App, or otherwise providing us with your personal information, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Policy and that you authorise us to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
- We may amend and update this Policy from time to time by posting a revised version on our Website. Any changes will apply from the date we post the updated Policy on our Website. If we make any significant changes, we will endeavour to provide you with reasonable notice of such changes through our Website, or via other means such as email. By using our Website and App after such notice period, you will be deemed to have accepted the updates to this Policy. If you do not agree to any change, you must immediately cease accessing our Website or App.
How and what type of information we collect about you
- Your personal information will be collected and held by Support NZ Local, 210 Victoria Street West, Auckland, 1010.
- We collect personal information in order to create your account and publish your listing on our Website and/or App to showcase your business and/or work to the New Zealand community for the purpose of helping you generate brand awareness.
- In general, and depending upon the nature of the person’s connection with SupportNZ, the type of personal information we collect, and hold includes (but is not limited to) your name, email address, phone number, and photos/images you upload when you create your account and listing, or otherwise use, our Website or App.
Who we collect personal information from
- We generally collect personal information directly from you (for example, information you submit when you create your account and publish your listing on the Website and/or App).
- However, we may also collect personal information from you indirectly (including through the use of facilities available through our Website and App) or from third parties in some instances (for example, information that is sent to us by your computer, mobile device or other access device, including your device ID, device type, IP address, computer and connection information, referral URL, statistics on page views and traffic to and from our Website. This information is generally not personally identifiable information, but to the extent that it is considered personal information for the purposes of any applicable law or regulation, we will comply with our obligations under any such law or regulation when processing that information.
- You are not required to provide us with your personal information. However, in some cases, if personal information we request is not provided, we may not be able to create your account, or provide you with access to the Website or App.
How might SupportNZ collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
- We will not use or disclose your personal information except in accordance with your specific instructions or authorisation, this Policy, or as otherwise permitted by the Act, including for the following purposes:
- to create your account, listing, and otherwise provide access to the Website and App;
- to share any photos/images you upload on your account to our Facebook and Instagram pages;
- to improve or update our Website and App;
- to communicate with you to (for example, to provide customer support or to ask you for feedback about the Website and App);
- subject to you providing your consent, to add you to our mailing list and send you electronic messages to promote and market our Website and App and/or other services and businesses we consider you may be interested in, including any promotions; and
- to comply with any legal obligations or as otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act 2020.
- Where you consent to us using your personal information for marketing and promotional communications, you can opt out at any time by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking the unsubscribe function included in our marketing communications.
To whom might SupportNZ disclose your personal information?
- We may disclose your personal information with our service providers, subsidiaries, and business partners, such as:
- any service providers that we have engaged to provide a service to us in relation to the Website and App, for example, our cloud storage provider;
- potential investors and/or purchasers of our business;
- our professional advisors, including lawyers, accountants and insurers; and
- any other person or organisation that you have authorised us to disclose your information to;
- any other third party where such disclosure is permitted or required under the Privacy Act and/or any other applicable law.
- Where required by applicable law, if we disclose personal information to a third party outside of New Zealand who uses that information for their own purposes, we will ensure that such third party is subject to comparable privacy laws to New Zealand or is required to protect the personal information in a way that is comparable to New Zealand’s privacy laws.
Security of information
- SupportNZ takes reasonable steps to protect personal information held by us from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, for example by use of physical security and restricted access to electronic records.
- Although we take reasonable steps to ensure personal information in our possession is protected and held securely, we do not make any warranties in relation to the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us and are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information where our security measures have been breached. Any transmission of personal information is conducted at your own risk.
- Where we no longer require your personal information, we will comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and/or destruction of that information.
Where we hold your personal information
- The personal information we collect is generally stored in New Zealand by our cloud storage provider, OpenHost.
- providing more customised content and material to you on our Website;
- improving our Website and our user’s experience;
- conducting business and marketing analysis; and
- undertaking behavioural and targeting advertising through our third party partners, such as Google and Facebook.
- If you do not wish to allow cookies you may change your browser settings to disable cookies. However, if you disable cookies some parts of our Website may not function properly.
Links to other sites
- SupportNZ may have links or references to other websites from our Website and our Policy does not apply to those websites. SupportNZ takes no responsibility for the privacy practices of other websites.
Access, correction and retention of your personal information
- You agree that any information you give to us will be accurate, complete and up-to-date and that you will inform us if any of the personal information changes to ensure that the details we hold about you are up to date and correct. You can update your personal details at any time through your account profile or by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Subject to the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act, you may seek access to the personal information which we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Officer at the contact details below. You also have the right to correct any personal information we hold about you in accordance with the Privacy Act.
How to contact us
- If you have any questions about privacy related issues or wish to complain about the handling of your personal information by us, please contact our Privacy Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- More information about your rights and our obligations in respect to privacy and information on making a privacy complaint are available from the Office of the Privacy Commissioner at:
Last updated: March 2021